Probate transfer of ownership


If a name change is necessary on a SmartMLS public record as a result of a probate document, it is necessary to file a corrective deed with the town clerk reflecting the probate document. A corrective deed does not convey title on its own.  It corrects outdated owner information while confirming the transfer of property enacted by the original deed, in this case the probate document.



Was this article helpful?
3 out of 3 found this helpful



Please sign in to leave a comment.

Our support hours:
Mon-Thursday - 8:30 am - 7:00 pm Fridays - 8:30 am - 6:00 pm Saturday/Sunday - 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
About SmartMLS
Working with you to make homeownership happen.
Tell Us How We're Doing
Take a minute, let us know or send us a suggestion